Step 1: Unplug Your Device
Before attempting to dry your lightning connector, it’s essential that all sources of power be disconnected in order to reduce the risk of electrocution as well as further damages to your device. This will also lower the possibility of electrocution occurring while also protecting from electrocution-related shocks or damages to its circuits.
Step Two: Assess Moisture Content of Air
Carefully examine the lightning connector on your device for signs of moisture, and wipe away any visible moisture with a dry cloth if any exists – never use liquids or compressed air, as these could further deteriorate it.
Step 3: For optimal results, utilize a Dry Rice or Silica Gel Packet.
An effective method for drying lightning connectors is placing them in uncooked rice or silica gel packets, both of which act as moisture absorbers to draw out any remaining moisture from your device.
To use this technique, simply fill a small bowl or plastic bag with uncooked rice or silica gel packets and carefully place your device with its lightning connector facing down into it so that all its grains cover it completely. Leave it there for at least 24 hours; repeat if necessary.
Step 4: Blow Dryer
If rice and silica gel packet methods did not solve the issue, use a hairdryer on its cool setting to use hot air to blow over its lightning connector for several minutes to help wick away any excess moisture that remains on your device and help alleviate any dampness present. For best results, this should eliminate any remaining dampness from lingering dampness issues on your device.
Step Five: Reach Out to an Industry Professional
If none of these methods work and your device still won’t charge, it may be wise to contact a professional. There could be an underlying issue which requires professional care.
Lightning connectors that refuse to charge due to moisture can be extremely frustrating, yet this doesn’t need to be an insurmountable hurdle. By following these simple steps you should have your device back up and running in no time! However, always exercise caution when handling electronic devices, never using liquids or compressed air as means for drying them off – take note.