WhatsApp is one of the world’s most popular messaging apps, boasting over 2 billion monthly active users. In addition to its mobile app, WhatsApp also provides web and desktop versions so users can access their chats and send messages from their computer.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at how WhatsApp Web and Desktop operate and how you can utilize them to stay connected with friends and family.
How Does WhatsApp Web Work?
WhatsApp Web is a web-based version of the WhatsApp messaging app that enables you to access and send messages from any computer. All that’s required for using it is a smartphone with the WhatsApp app installed and an active internet connection on both phones and computers.
To use WhatsApp Web, follow these steps:
- To use WhatsApp Web, open your web browser and go to https://web.whatsapp.com.
- Open the WhatsApp app on your phone by tapping on the three dots in the top right corner and select “WhatsApp Web” from the dropdown menu that appears.
- Point your camera at the QR code located on this webpage to scan it with your phone camera.
- Once your phone scans the QR code, you will be authenticated into WhatsApp Web and able to send and receive messages.
One of the advantages of WhatsApp Web is that it enables you to access your chats from a computer, making it more convenient if you spend a lot of time working there. Furthermore, sending and receiving messages with the same speed and ease as on your phone is possible with this application.
How Does WhatsApp Desktop Operate?
WhatsApp Desktop is a desktop application similar to WhatsApp Web, though it requires installation on your computer rather than running directly in your web browser.
To use WhatsApp Desktop, follow these steps:
- Download the WhatsApp Desktop App for your operating system (Windows or Mac) from the WhatsApp website and install it on your computer.
- Open the app and scan its QR code with your phone using the same steps as for WhatsApp Web.
- Once logged in, you can begin using WhatsApp Desktop to send and receive messages.
- WhatsApp Desktop offers all the same advantages as using WhatsApp Web, but it may be more convenient if you prefer having an application installed directly on your computer. Plus, with this application, you’ll receive notifications whenever a new message arrives so there’s no need to keep checking your phone for updates.
Learn How to Utilize WhatsApp Web and Desktop
Using WhatsApp Web and Desktop is a breeze, with an interface very similar to the mobile app. Here are some tips on using it effectively:
- Send Messages – To send a message on WhatsApp Web or Desktop, select the chat you wish to message, type your message in the text box at the bottom of the screen, then hit “Enter.” Your message will then be sent!
- Send Voice Messages – To send a voice message, click and hold the microphone icon to start recording your message. Release the icon to finish sending it.
- Send Files and Photos – To send a file or photo, click on the paperclip icon next to the text box and select what type of media you would like.
- Create Groups – To create a WhatsApp group on either Web or Desktop, click on the three dots in the top left corner and select “New Group.” Add members to the group, then give it a name and profile picture. That’s it! Your new WhatsApp group is now ready!
- Making Voice and Video Calls on WhatsApp Web or Desktop – To initiate a voice or video call using WhatsApp Web or Desktop, click the phone icon located in the top right corner of your chat screen. When someone answers, they’ll receive notification on their phone; if desired, you can begin the call from your computer as well.
- Customize Your Settings – WhatsApp Web and Desktop offer the flexibility to customize a variety of settings according to your preferences. To access them, click on the three dots in the top left corner and select “Settings.” Here are some examples:
- Notifications – Select whether to receive notifications for new messages, as well as customize sound and vibration settings.
- Chat Wallpaper – Customize the background wallpaper used during chats.
- Privacy Settings – Control who can view your last seen status, profile picture, and About information.
- Log Out – After using WhatsApp Web or Desktop, it’s essential to log out in order to protect your privacy. To do this, click on the three dots in the top left corner and select “Log out.”
WhatsApp Web and Desktop are powerful tools that enable you to access your chats and send messages from a computer. Whether you’re working on it or just prefer using a larger screen, these services make staying connected with friends and family much simpler. With these tips and tricks in this article, you’ll be able to maximize the capabilities of both systems for an effortless messaging experience.